Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Nothing exciting here...


So....lately when I pick Garrett up from the sitter's house, he falls asleep in the car on the way home & sleeps for hours in his car seat. I just walk by him a million times wishing he'd wake up, banging plates as I empty the dishwasher, talk on the phone, & do other loud things to wake him up....but he just sleeps. He literally must sleep like 21 hours a day. He is awake for about 15 minutes when he's hungry & playful for about an hour every morning. He eats with his eyes closed pretty much, so I am uncertain as to whether he even "sees" John & I each day. Then there's the night time when he is fully re-charged to party after a day of sleeping & wakes up about 15 times to eat (or so it feels like). I miss him so much all day & am so sad that he sleeps during the time that John & I can be with him! Most moms say I should appreciate all of this sleeping b/c it will be a lot harder when he is ADHD-ing all over the place...but I miss my kid!! He has officially outgrown his co-sleeper, I think. He wakes up screaming many times a night b/c he has lodged himself into the corner, or flipped the wrong way & has no room. We tried him in his crib last night. (So there's another reason why I am having trouble - withdrawals from having him closeby at night - I felt like my parents did when they sent me off to college...all sad & weepy, but they probably got over it a few minutes later!). He slept from 7pm-1am in his crib & then he was pretty much up ALOT after that. Of course we didn't go to bed at 7, so we didn't really sleep. Anyway, there's my bitch session for the night. I miss my kid & want some time with him. I'm out!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Can I pinch him and wake him up on the 22nd?!?! Haha...just kidding. Love you!!