Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Jury Duty...

Well today I have to fulfill my civic duy & go to Jury Duty. It is more trouble than it is worth to miss work - sub plans, upset parents, make-up work to do, missed meetings...etc. It's all just a huge pain, so I tried to get out of it. I called & said that I have an infant, so I need to be marked as exempt. Apparently "working mothers" are not allowed to use that excuse, they just have to suck it up & go. The lady said I could only skip for that reason if I was a stay-at-home mom & had no usual childcare arrangments. Well...I do have to say how nice it was this morning to wake up when Garrett wakes up at 4am like usual, feed him, then instead of staying up - I got to go back to sleep until 6am! It was nice to actually eat breakfast, have a cup of coffee, & a few minutes to hang out with John. I could definitely get used to this staying home thing. I even threw in a load of laundry, made a crockpot dinner & cleaned up the house before jury duty (which I am about to leave for). Hanging out with Garrett longer than usual has been soooo awesome, too. It was so stress free to be able to enjoy him all morning. I just love that little guy. It has been a great day.



Garrett went to bunco last night & hung out with the ladies. He was not lacking of attention, for sure. He got tired right before we started playing, so I played bunco while he sleeped on me in the sling.

Here are Aunt Laura's babie - Ruby, Wrigley & Lucy. The dogs have Christmas sweaters & dresses on - hilarious!

1 comment:

Shana, Cory and Colton said...

Awww I wish I could have been there last night.